Download this driver to operate your R-Series with a 64-bit version of Windows 11, 10, and 8.
- Click on Download this driver. A pop up may come up asking you to Open, Save, or Save As. Select Save As, and save it to your desktop. Otherwise select Save, go into your Downloads folder, and you will see a zipped folder called CDM 2.04.06.
- Right-click on the folder and choose to Extract All. A new window will come up, and you will simply click Extract.
- Once the file has been extracted a new folder will open. A red circle icon will be in there with the same CDM 2.04.06 name. Double click on it to run it. A prompt will pop up asking if you want to run the file, choose yes. You should then see a black DOS window open that has a progression of dots going across indicating that it is installing. The dots should eventually advance all the way across the screen. If they don’t, check the security programs on the computer as something is not allowing it to install.
- Once the black screen disappears that means the driver has been installed. You will need to check that it installed correctly by going to the Windows Start Menu, then right click on Computer and select Manage. Next, go into the Device Manager on the left where you should see an option for Ports (Com&LPT). Double click on it.
- Under the ports section you should see an option for a USB Serial Port (which is the cutter). Right-click on it, and select Properties (If you do not see USB Serial Port listed, make sure the cutter is connected to the computer and powered on. If it continues to not show up, then restart the computer).
- Click the Driver tab and look for the version. It should now be 2.04.06. Once it is, you’re ready to try again.